Saturday, February 27, 2016

Horse and Jockey in Wire



I made this wire sculpture quite a few years ago. It was inspired by one of Heinrich Kley ink drawings. I loved the action in his sketch, and wondered if could get this sense of motion onto a sculpture. I also wanted to try and have it free standing, despite the out of balance poses. It turned out to be a fun challenge.



Once I find the time I would like to do a Madame Mim in wire to go with this Merlin:

http://andreasdeja.blogspot.com/2012/05/merlin-in-wire.html

By the way I mostly use thin steel wire, which costs almost nothing at places like Home Depot.
I bend the wire with  my fingers, no other tools, except for tightening the knots with pliers at the end to stabilize the sculpture.

6 comments:

  1. How do you visualize what it will look like as you're doing it? Looks impossible to me. Don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Merlin link to picture seems to be broken

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent job, just a good entertainer as you can do, I admire

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing,
    you have a great talent

    ReplyDelete